DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL (P5)Emilius Sasiyo
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
CIVIL AVIATION SAFETY AND SECURITY OVERSIGHT AGENCY
DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL (P5) (REF: CAS/HR/004/2018-2019)
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA) is a self-accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, result-driven and qualified professional from citizens of the Republics of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania to fill the following position in the Agency
|REPORTS TO||Executive Director|
|DURATION OF CONTRACT||Five years, renewable once upon satisfactory performance and age requirement|
|DUTY STATION||CASSOA Headquarters Entebbe, Uganda|
- MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Director, Technical is a senior management position under the supervision of the Executive Director. The main purpose of the job is to develop, promote and coordinate implementation of sustainable civil aviation safety and security oversight systems in the EAC Partner States as directed by the EAC-CASSOA Board.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the production and dissemination of the EAC Safety and Security publications;
- Coordinates the implementation of East African Civil Aviation Examination System
- Coordinates implementation of State Safety Programmes and Safety Management Systems within the EAC Partner States.
- Coordinates the dissemination of aviation safety and security regulations and technical guidance materials to the Partner States;
- Coordinates training activities including development and updating of technical training manuals and guidance material;
- Coordinates the collection and collation of aviation safety and security material required for the development of guidance material, training, seminars and workshops;
- Maintains up to date records of available aviation safety and security inspectors, aircraft register, licensed aviation personnel, and a list of air operators (AOC holders, AMOs, ATOs) among other relevant records in the region;
- Coordinates the sensitisation of aviation stakeholders and consideration of their comments on the CASSOA harmonised aviation safety and security regulations and technical guidance materials;
- Ensures that logistics required for seminars, workshops and training courses are up to date and readily available;
- Ensures timely production and distribution of the Agency’s deliverables such as reports, regulations, technical guidance materials, and timely sensitive correspondence with the Partner States and international civil aviation bodies;
- Keeps abreast with developments and trends in the specialized field of concern to the Agency by reviewing among others, the relevant periodicals, reports and manuals;
- Coordinates the development and implementation of plans and strategies that lead to increased cooperation in safety and security oversight;
- Supervises and assesses the technical staff under his/her supervision;
- Performs other assignments as directed by the Executive Director;
Masters degree in a relevant field of aviation/related discipline from a recognized university.
- Should have at least ten years of experience in the aviation industry, five of which are at a senior managerial level and/or leadership position.
- Should possess a wide knowledge in flight safety, flight operations, airports management, and aircraft maintenance.
- Should have adequate knowledge of ICAO systems and procedures.
- Should have basic knowledge and experience in financial and human resource management and administration.
- Should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially of Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
3.3 SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong teamwork, ethic, positive, flexible attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is only open to citizens of the Republics of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The above is an established position within the CASSOA organization structure and has a five year term contract renewable once upon satisfactory performance. The Officer will be appointed by the CASSOA Board of Directors.
- SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
- AGE LIMIT REQUIREMENTS
Applicants should not be more than 55 years old by 1st January 2019.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications to be received not later than 8th January, 2019 quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for by registered mail, courier, email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) and dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of national IDs or passports, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/cell phone numbers to:
P O Box 873,
Please do not send multiple applications!
- The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications sent through the Post Office or by courier services should have the job advert reference written on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letters, duly filled and signed CASSOA personal history forms (Click here to download) and do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.