VACANCY: INTERNAL AUDITORCASSOA
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
CIVIL AVIATION SAFETY AND SECURITY OVERSIGHT AGENCY
INTERNAL AUDITOR (P1) (REF: CAS/HR/001/2019)
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) is a self accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, result-driven and qualified professional from citizens of the Republics of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania to fill the following position in the Agency.
|JOB TITLE:||INTERNAL AUDITOR|
|GRADE:||Professional Grade (P1)|
|REPORTS TO:||CASSOA Board of Directors and Administratively to the Executive Director|
|DUTY STATION:||CASSOA Headquarters Entebbe, Uganda|
- MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for ensuring that proper and adequate internal management and financial controls are in place and strictly adhered to and that accurate accounting records are maintained.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement audit manual and audit programmes;
- Check and examine accounting and other records and systems to pinpoint any irregularities;
- Propose timely corrective action to minimize damage to the Agency’s financial, assets and human resource standing;
- Prepare annual audit plans for Board approval and subsequent implementation;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the Agency’s risk management framework;
- Evaluate the risk exposures and mitigation measures in place relating to the Agency governance, operations and information systems;
- Review and appraise the adequacy and effectiveness of the Agency’s system of internal control;
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations which have a significant impact on the operations of Agency;
- Review the means of safeguarding Agency assets and verify existence of such assets;
- Appraise economy, efficiency and effectiveness with which Agency resources are employed;
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with Agency’s established objectives and goals, and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned;
- Review Agency draft financial statements before submission to external auditors;
- Prepare and present quarterly and annual report to the Board of Directors;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Approved annual audit plans
- Quarterly reports on internal audit assignments
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance from a recognized institution
- A member in good standing of a recognized professional accountancy Body. Possession of Certified Internal Auditor and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in auditing 5 of which should be in internal audit.
- SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of public accounting and auditing principles, strategies, and processes
- The ability to multitask, communicate effectively with individuals at all levels verbally and in writing and handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Good interpersonal skills,
- High degree of integrity
- Proficient in computerized accounting packages.
- Knowledge and ability to use the SUN SYSTEM will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of International Public Sector Accounting Standards(IPSAS)
- Report writing and presentation skills
- ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is open to citizens of the Republics of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The above is an established position within the Agency’s organization structure and is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance and age limit requirements.
- EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
All candidates applying for the above position must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner States. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
- RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience
- SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
- AGE LIMIT REQUIREMENTS
Applicants should not be more than 55 years old by 1st July 2019.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their application letters, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificates/licenses and a copy of national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 9th August 2019, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for. The applications should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or PDF) or in hard copies and addressed to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
P O Box 873,
- The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letter, duly filled and signed CASSOA personal history forms (Click here to download), do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.